McKissack & McKissack is a national architectural, engineering, and construction services firm that has earned a strong reputation for consistently delivering results on high profile government and commercial projects. Our organization is guided by a passion for excellence and we are committed to innovation, collaboration, and delivering superior results that meets and exceeds the needs of our clients. We offer a well-balanced corporate culture that embraces diversity, nurtures professional growth, and rewards hard work. McKissack & McKissack seeks individuals to join our growing organization who have excellent academic and/or work experience, integrity, and client-focused attitudes.
McKissack & McKissack has an immediate need for a Civil/Environmental Engineer in Washington, D.C. to join our expanding team. As a Civil/Environmental Engineer, you’ll have the opportunity to expand the foundation of your engineering career by joining a creative team of professionals who strive to provide technical design and project management for memorable spaces for our communities.
- Review and prepare calculations, permit applications, monitoring plans and progress reports
- Oversee studies and prepare designs and contract documents for yard piping, utilities, sludge screening, pre-dewatering digestion, post dewatering, digester gas cleaning and handling and miscellaneous improvements.
- Research and document findings related to sustainability
- Develop conceptual drawings related to infrastructure and shop drawing review, response to requests for information, and addressing construction issues and conflicts as they arise
- Develop construction documents and specifications
- Conduct map creation and exhibit development
- Perform spatial analysis related to infrastructure, ecological restoration and/or development
- Independently perform most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected
- Receive supervisory approval on issues that affect project budget and schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering is required
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in gas and electric
- Demonstrated experience performing technical work
- Demonstrated problem solving experience
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals
McKissack & McKissack is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer and is dedicated to providing employment and promotional opportunities based on individual merit. Qualified minorities, females, disabled individuals, and veterans are encouraged to apply.